Banned Book List Submissions

Author (Read 146 times)

Banned Book List Submissions
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:34 PM »

akaskew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Dear Freedom Family,

If you didn't know, FREEDOM! has been banned in US prisons.

There are some positives to being banned by the US Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons (beside the stellar review) the main one being that FREEDOM! can be submitted to banned book lists and potentially reach a larger audience.

If you'd like to help us with this goal of reaching a larger audience, if you see a banned book list that FREEDOM! is not on please submit the below image with an email/message like the one below. Getting FREEDOM! on as many lists as possible not only helps us reach audiences that specifically read banned books, it gets the ideas in the book press, and helps fight political censorship.

Thank you so much for your efforts in helping us shift the paradigm,
Aaron
Freedom Line General Manager

"Dear ______,

I am emailing you concerning the banning of a book by the US Department of Justice.

In early 2015 someone ordered a copy of the book FREEDOM! by Adam Kokesh for an inmate, and on April 14th 2015 The FREEDOM! Line (the book’s publisher) received a letter from the US Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons stating that the book had been determined to be unacceptable because the publication contained “information which poses a threat to security, good order, or discipline of the institution.” The letter stated that the decision could be appealed within 20 days but was dated March 25th and arrived April 15th, exactly 20 days later. (The full contents of the letter can be found in the attachment below)

Although this book contains a message of peace, self-ownership, and non-violence, it states a case for progressing toward a more harmonious and peaceful society without government. There are obvious implications as to why government departments might want to censor this political view.

We’d appreciate you adding this book to your list of banned books and drawing attention to this instance of political censorship."

Re: Banned Book List Submissions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 07:58:01 PM »

Stradog

• Proud member of the #Freedom2020 Team
    • View Profile
    • Citizens Action Network
Hey Aaron,

Just curious if we have re-submitted the book?  We should try and get a copy to the Bundy's and see what happens, or KC Massey, Schuyler Barbeau, the Hammonds, Ulbrecht (might have misspelled that) but we should try different facilities from the Private prisons to the county jails, in each state.  This should be interesting.  A thought I just had was have people check at their local public library and see which one's have it or will get it.  Then there are the college libraries.  While we are on the subject of FREEDOM the book, we should start getting the state and county LP's to put a link on their websites and during the Tour get them paper copies.  I know you were going to send me some copies to pass out and I understand what happened, but I have continued the Patreon contribution so maybe I can get some copies to pass out or give away as rewards?  I am good either way and won't unfriend you or talk bad about you, at least not in front of you, lol.  Thanks for all you do and it is only going to get busier and crazier.  30 days until the 2017 #TaxationIsTheft Tour!   
Frederick H, Stralow - Rick aka Stradog
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Citizens Action Network
We The People-United
Texas Revolution
"There is Power in Numbers"