You are Here:
Secession through geography

Author (Read 4947 times)

Secession through geography
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:39:45 PM »

the_Trev

• I sell powdered water
    • View Profile
I'm not a great writer by any means but it's a boring Wednesday night in hippie town and I had a thought. A couple years back a bunch of Republican trendys signed a petition to secede from the union in various states. I don't disagree in principle. There should be anger that people are slaves of the state. There should be outrage that the government lives by a different set of laws, if any laws at all. However, their delivery system for this missile of rebellion was an electronic file submitted on a government website. It was on the MSM. So i'm sure it was talked about in realms of the signers. If that energy could've been aimed at spreading liberty and freedom, secession would've occurred naturally. I'm sure some of you have heard of the free state project. A movement to get 20,000 liberty minded folks into Maine. They reached the goal and now have seats in the state house  (or senate idk). Maine wouldn't be my first choice but for freedom, i would do anything. Imagine if a movement could be started to get libertarians, rational Republicans, real progressives and a whole slew of other people to move to an entire region. Like the southeast (Republican mostly but I think Republicans are persuaded more easily), where the entire region could simply ignore the federal government. No need to fight or bicker, simply ignore. The states can operate independently until a problem arises. Sound familiar? I'm sure there were more points I had but i've forgotten them.
May posterity forget that you were our countrymen

Re: Secession through geography
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:48:13 PM »

polymathpangram

• View Profile
I'm sure some of you have heard of the free state project. A movement to get 20,000 liberty minded folks into Maine.
Hey Trev, not to knit-pick, but it's actually New Hampshire, which, incidentally, afaik, is the only state that, upon joining the union, included a term which reserved the right to secede as a condition in so doing.

But I agree: secession is small fries, and in itself an act of subservience. Fuck asking for freedom. Just make the authority increasingly irrelevant and obsolete, both of which it is already becoming with technological advancement and economic failure.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:54:57 PM by polymathpangram »

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:23:50 AM »

Adam Kokesh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
YES! I remember covering that with the whitehouse.gov petitions for secession after Obama was reelected. This is why I think a national campaign can happen to transform the national conversation. The demand is there! There are pockets of freedom all over the US, and I'm helping develop a strong community here in Juniperwood Ranch in Arizona.
Just read the book.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:24:47 AM »

the_Trev

• I sell powdered water
    • View Profile
Polymathpangram, you're absolutely right. Brainfart. I've been watching your YouTube ranch videos Adam. I hope Juniperwood's success can spread like wildfire. There was a commune type place where I live in North Carolina that was self sustaining, off the grid, kept to itself and everything but the city shut them down saying it wasn't sanitary. I'm sure it was because they just wanted to be left alone.
May posterity forget that you were our countrymen

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 01:00:12 AM »

Slow poke

• I can never go back or under reality...
    • View Profile
Just gotta get everyone out there to buy a little piece of Arizona then that is a good start.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »

BaRbArIaN

• View Profile
I'd love to see a "Northern New England Free Trade Zone" spring up with NH, VT and ME.  Southern New England seems a good fit for the BosNYWash metroplex and all of its statism and dystopia.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
--  No.6

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 12:01:43 PM »

Precariat Elitist

• Who Owns You ?
    • View Profile
I'm sure the road to Freedom is paved with secession in different forms. I have access to land in Northern California (owned' by my mother and stepfather). I would love to see Jefferson State take hold so I could have access to more Freedoms than here in the central valley of California. I'm guessing that it would only take one or two states to secede from the union and the rest would fall like dominoes. If memory serves me, last time there was a large secession movement we called it a civil war. Personally I would prefer a peaceful secession movement and that's where problems of the old/established/violent powers giving up control to a new path for humans to take comes into play. I'm not sure how to solve these problems, but I wish any individual or group luck for their personal secession goals and needs.