You are Here:
Debating concerns with the FREEDOM! movement

Author (Read 2296 times)

Debating concerns with the FREEDOM! movement
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:49:24 PM »

Taylor D.C.

• View Profile
I've created this topic so that we can all share the ideas, rebuttals, and conversations we have when talking to people about why we don't need the federal government anymore.

In my experience I've come across some very common reasons why people depend on and think that we do need the federal government.

There is one point that i have difficulty arguing against. I have become aware of some concerns about what happens when big multinational corporations start forming private armies when our governments standing army is no more. How can militias fight against private armies? And how would we prevent this from happening in the first place. The main point I'm getting to is that the best position i can come up with against this point is that we would just be depending on the good will of people, and that is something that just will not resonate among people. Most people have lost hope for society when it comes to good intentions of strangers. So i need advice on this.

See any flaws? Anything that needs added on? Please oh lordy please let me know, educate me(I LOVE IT) and I'll get it fixed. Also please share your opinions, facts, and experience so we may all share in the knowledge.

YOU BETTER BE OUT THERE GETTING CONVERTS!  ;D

Re: Debating concerns with the FREEDOM! movement
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:40:16 AM »

polymathpangram

• View Profile
I believe to be one of the most pervasive misconceptions the notion that individual freedom is synonymous with or produces safety. Safety is subjective, no? Everyone has their own subjective fears which set their subjective foundations on which they construct a paradigm. Evolutionarily, I personally believe we are still far from being advanced enough as a specie to live in absolute peace. So, it's not without risk that we take on the responsibility of self-sufficiency and a personal safety - which in my opinion are the same. Getting somewhat off-topic.

We already have a private military confronting us. There are several existing in many nation-states. MIlitarized police, TSA, DHS, DEA, ATF etc, and military weapons producers such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, etc. All of these entities necessarily depend on syphoning wealth from the populace in the form of taxation in order to fund their agendas.

Over the past two hundred or so years the world has seen a rapid and exponential increase in the police state. It is indisputable in my opinion. From political prisoners to the hundreds of millions of innocents mass-murdered in the past century alone, in order to economically cripple "non-allied" nations, by military forces. Supporting the view that this taxation based funding is necessary.

I would rather face small arms than air-strikes, missiles, and even nukes.

Just my quick 2 while i have a sec!

Re: Debating concerns with the FREEDOM! movement
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 03:17:00 AM »

Maysiranun

• View Profile
It was very impressive that I had the opportunity to read this helpful content.