You are Here:
When should you stand up for your beliefs, and when should you stay quiet?

Author (Read 4716 times)

Galen Ross

• View Profile
The title says it all. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this important topic.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

AndrewG

• View Profile
Not sure the context you're asking the question in. I don't get into many debates, so there's rarely a time I need to stand up for any of my beliefs. Can you give an example of a scenario where you might need to defend your beliefs? I mostly stay quiet because about 99.9% of the people I meet dismiss me as a kook at the merest whiff of my beliefs.   
Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Adam Kokesh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Question definitely needs more specifics. At any given time, you are doing both, because you can't be constantly expressing all your beliefs, and yet by existing, you are at least expressing some of them.
Just read the book.

Woodogg

• View Profile
I feel as if I am always standing up for and defending my beliefs. Partly because I am always talking about what matters to me and most of the time it has to do with voluntaryism instead of Kardashians or some shit.
I also find it hard to hold my tongue when others start talking religion or about the glory of Obama, Clinton, or Trump.

zenturtle

• View Profile
The answer to this question is... 'it all depends on the people you are surrounded by'  Sometimes it is best to stay quiet, it is like the Taoist principle of Wu Wei or non action.  Sometimes if those around you already know what your stance is, silence speaks volumes louder than speech.  At others time when those around you are naive to the truth of FREEDOM and LIBERTY then it is absolutely necessary to speak up. 

Canaan Myskowski

• Truth is Treason
    • View Profile
I think he means when under the threat of property seizure, jail time, ect.
In the real world

AnarchoRyan

• View Profile
I feel as if I am always standing up for and defending my beliefs. Partly because I am always talking about what matters to me and most of the time it has to do with voluntaryism instead of Kardashians or some shit.
I also find it hard to hold my tongue when others start talking religion or about the glory of Obama, Clinton, or Trump.

^ This. I find it difficult to talk about "normal" things at length with anyone without it descending into talking about living free. It usually happens the second they complain about something related to voluntaryism, then I just chase down rabbit holes...