You are Here:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Living FREEDOM! / amp Tuesday, but was he
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 04:19:39 AM »
And now the real season begins for the Los Angeles Lakers.

At least that’s what the fans of the 16-time NBA champions repeatedly have been told while Los Angeles missed the playoffs and finished with a losing record for the fifth consecutive year.

Ever since they took over the Lakers’ basketball operations a year ago Jets Game Jerseys , Magic Johnson and general manager Rob Pelinka have founded their rebuilding project around the acquisition of one or two elite free agents this summer – or next summer, they’ve recently amended.

Magic firmly believes the Lakers’ championship pedigree, glamorous location and salary cap room for two enormous contracts can attract superstars near the primes of their careers to lift one of the NBA’s cornerstone franchises back to its accustomed heights. The Lakers had only missed the playoffs five previous times in their first 65 years of existence before they doubled that number during this dismal half-decade.

But while the pursuit of Paul George and LeBron James constantly loomed on the horizon, the Lakers’ day-to-day development over the past season has been downright intriguing. For all their talk of the Lakers’ irresistible lure, Johnson and Pelinka knew they probably couldn’t attract free-agent stars without an attractive young core, and the last six months suggested they have it.

”If guys want to come here, they come,” rookie Kyle Kuzma said Thursday after his exit interview with team brass. ”But if not Youth Tyquan Lewis Jersey , we’re not depending on that. We want to be those great players, those max-level guys. We just think about, `How can we make the team better?”’

Rookies Lonzo Ball, Kuzma and Josh Hart all showed clear NBA ability, while youngsters Brandon Ingram and Julius Randle continued their development into above-average pros. Los Angeles’ 35-47 record and 11th-place conference finish in the just-completed season are its best performances by a considerable margin during this woeful five-year stretch.

The Lakers aren’t good yet, but the guys who are already in purple and gold could be key pieces in a very good team.

Here are more things to watch during another long offseason in LA:

PG SWEEPSTAKES

The Lakers are expected to put a full-court press on George, the Oklahoma City Thunder star who grew up idolizing Kobe Bryant in Palmdale, just north of Los Angeles. Even if James decides to stay home in Cleveland instead of becoming a dual-threat Hollywood mogul James Washington Jersey , the addition of George’s 20-plus points per night almost certainly would make the Lakers very entertaining in coach Luke Walton’s up-tempo system this fall. If George decides to play for a franchise closer to a championship, the Lakers will undoubtedly spin the narrative to the summer of 2019, when another bumper crop of free agents will be on the market.

RANDLE’S FUTURE

Randle’s improvement was among the Lakers’ most impressive developments of the season. The formerly inconsistent power forward played in all 82 games, averaging 16.1 points and 8.0 rebounds and emerging as a dependable two-way player. Randle is a free agent this summer after the Lakers decided not to lock him down with a contract extension last year, but Randle’s outstanding year has greatly increased the chances of a long-term deal in LA. ”As far as the summer, who knows what will happen?” Randle said. ”I’ve never done this before. All I know is it’s going to be a longer summer than I want it to be, with us not being in the playoffs. I think it’s exciting for me, though.”

FREE AGENCY

The Lakers’ desire for plenty of cap room this summer means they’ve got four talented veterans with expiring contracts: Brook Lopez Thomas Rawls Color Rush Jersey , Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye. Lopez had a strong debut season with his hometown team, which won’t be able to afford him unless it comes up empty with the top-shelf free agents. Caldwell-Pope also seems likely to leave, while the market for Thomas’ skills is unpredictable after his injury-plagued year ended with hip surgery. If Thomas doesn’t attract a big offer, he seems amenable to a return to LA – as does Frye, a dependable veteran backup.

BALL GAME

After showing incredible basketball intelligence and a distressingly inconsistent shot, Ball said he is headed into ”pretty much the biggest summer of my life.” The UCLA product with the opinionated parent understands the weaknesses in his game, and he seems determined to address his offensive flaws while building his overall strength. If Ball takes significant strides as a scorer Tre'Quan Smith Jersey Saints , he would quickly become one of the NBA’s most dynamic young guards with his preternatural court vision and rebounding ability.

LUKE’S FUTURE

Walton seems extremely likely to return for a third season after his Lakers made a nine-game improvement on last year’s performance. Johnson and owner Jeanie Buss continue to speak glowingly of the young coach, and Walton doesn’t seem satisfied by the Lakers’ incremental improvements. ”We know this is a team that’s supposed to be in the playoffs and to contend for championships, and that’s the goal we’re all trying to reach every day,” Walton said.

Panthers four-time All-Pro middle linebacker Luke Kuechly says he should be ready for full contact when training camp begins following offseason surgery for a torn labrum in his shoulder.

Kuechly participated in individual drills during minicamp Tuesday, but was held out of team drills.

The 27-year-old Kuechly called that a "bummer," saying "that's the best part of OTAs and minicamp. But it's still good to be out here."

He elected to wait until after the season to have surgery.

Considered one of the most cerebral linebackers in the league, Kuechly is the anchor of a defense that is perennially ranked in the top 10 in the league. He has been selected to the Pro Bowl in five of his six seasons.
Living FREEDOM! / ensive targets, especia
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 04:01:55 AM »
The Los Angeles Chargers must choose between potential and experience when they select the next primary backup to Philip Rivers.

Cardale Jones has displayed in one NFL game the tantalizing physical tools he showed in leading Ohio State to the 2014 national title. Geno Smith made 30 starts in his first two seasons Cheap Josh Allen Jersey , but has attempted just 92 passes since 2014.

"It's kind of a position where we both need to prove our worth," Jones said.

Offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt has not yet decided how to split up the critical game reps between Smith and Jones in the preseason opener at Arizona on Saturday, but said it would likely be close to the even distribution they have shared during OTAs and training camp. The approach seems to have worked so far as Whisenhunt is pleased with the progress both have shown.

The willingness of Jones, who was acquired in a trade with Buffalo last year, and Smith, who signed a one-year contract with the Chargers as a free agent in April, to work together is a positive sign.

"The guys, they communicate http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-orlando-brown-jr.-jersey ," Whisenhunt said. "They pull for each other, but they're very competitive, which is what you want."

Jones credits his collaborative spirit to working with Rivers, something that became evident in his first training camp with the Chargers.

"Just being in a room with Philip for a week, I felt like I wasn't in the NFL the year before because of the knowledge he was able to provide," Jones said.

That relationship also allowed Jones to realize that being a quarterback takes more than a big arm or raw athleticism. Those traits propelled him into the spotlight starting the final three games of the Buckeyes' national championship run, but Whisenhunt sees Jones being better able to operate in a structure going into his third NFL season despite attempting 11 career passes.

"It has been exciting to see the way Cardale has grown up," Whisenhunt said.

"You understand guys are a lot better and faster Eddie Rosario Minnesota Twins Jersey ," Jones said. "You need to do things different and that's what I can say (now)."

Smith has a clear edge in game action. He has appeared in 35 games and has a 12-19 record as a starter. Being in both roles has shaped his understanding of how the backup has to approach his role.

"The most important attribute is to be ready every single week. You never know when your number is going to be called," said Smith, who has thrown 29 touchdown passes and 36 interceptions.

Backing up Rivers has largely been a theoretical exercise since he became the starter in 2006. Rivers has started 192 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NFL at any position. Kellen Clemens attempted eight passes as Rivers' backup last season, all with the Chargers leading by at least 24 points.

Still, Whisenhunt said the criteria for choosing a backup does not change because of Rivers' remarkable dependability.

"The right answer for me is that I want a guy that can go in there and win if your starter is out," Whisenhunt said. "You don't ever want to lose your starting quarterback, but if you feel like you have a guy that has shown that he can go in there Courtland Sutton Jersey , handle it and do well, it's a really good feeling."

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (7-9)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: QB Kirk Cousins; WRs Terrelle Pryor, WR Brian Quick and Ryan Grant; LBs Zach Brown, Will Compton, Junior Galette, Trent Murphy and Chris Carter; CB Bashaud Breeland; G Shawn Lauvao; S DeAngelo Hall; TE Niles Paul; C Tony Bergstrom; DTs Arthur Jones and Phil Taylor.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS: T Ty Nsekhe; G Tyler Catalina.

NEEDS: With Cousins gone, new QB Alex Smith needs offensive targets, especially speed at wide receiver to complement third-year WR Josh Doctson and possession guy Jamison Crowder. Allen Robinson would be perfect Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers Jersey , if expensive fit, though top priority is still replacing contributions of DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon, who departed in free agency last spring. Running back must be addressed in free agency or draft. Trading CB Kendall Fuller to Kansas City in deal for Smith, expected departure of Breeland and lack of depth at safety make secondary area of concern. Left guard and linebacker could be crucial spots depending on statuses of Lauvao, Brown and Compton.

AVAILABLE SALARY CAP SPACE (approximately): $31 million.
Living FREEDOM! / scored a career-high 22 p
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 03:48:15 AM »
The leverage of free agency in his prime brought Kirk Cousins the market-setting contract with Minnesota.

Now the Vikings have their latest franchise quarterback to try to secure that elusive first Super Bowl victory with.

The Vikings wrapped up their welcome party with an $84 million http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-isaac-yiadom-jersey , three-year contract for Cousins on Thursday afternoon, banking big time on the late-blooming former Washington Redskins prospect to finally stabilize a critical position that’s been infamously problematic.

”The contract, it is what it is,” Cousins said. ”But what my wife and I are thrilled about is the organization we are walking into.”

The money for Cousins is fully guaranteed, the largest such figure in NFL history, at least until the next mega quarterback contract comes along, according to figures tracked by the pro sports financial website spotrac.com . His annual average of $28 million is also, for now, the biggest in the league, at least until the next mega quarterback contract comes along.

Team owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf were willing to approve the investment, hopeful that Cousins can be the keystone to a championship squad.

”If anybody in this city or this state has a question about their commitment, I think this contract shows that they’re all in,” Cousins said. ”It’s a tremendous amount of belief in me as a person and as a player, and I’m humbled and honored to get the OK on that.”

The guarantee of the full value of the deal is unprecedented in the NFL, where a variety of complex factors have kept players from receiving sure-thing contracts like their professional baseball, basketball and hockey peers.

His agent, Mike McCartney Justin Bethel Jersey Elite , began talking to Cousins about the potential for such a groundbreaking deal more than two years ago with the assumption he’d eventually arrive at free agency because of the noncommittal Redskins.

”There’s nothing I can pave unless people come after me,” Cousins said at his introductory news conference at the team’s sparkling and still-under construction suburban headquarters. ”I guess history will probably write that.”

Cousins will represent the fourth primary quarterback the Vikings have had in as many seasons. As long as he stays healthy throughout the summer, Cousins will also represent the eighth starting quarterback for a season opener in the past nine years.

Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Bradford and Case Keenum all became free agents this week and signed with other teams, so the Vikings didn’t have much of a backup plan if Cousins balked at their offer.

But as a team with a star-laden defense and plenty of dynamic skill-position players on offense that reached the NFC championship game last season, the Vikings also represented quite the destination for Cousins.

”I came here because of the chance to win,” he said. ”I felt like it was probably the best chance.”

Cousins started 57 games over his six seasons with Washington, which drafted him in the fourth round in 2012 behind second overall draft pick Robert Griffin III. RG3’s star faded quickly, though, and Cousins, who was lightly recruited out of Holland Christian High School before landing at Michigan State, worked his way up the depth chart. He topped 4,000 passing yards over each of the past three years.

The Redskins appeared in only one postseason game with Cousins at the helm, and his career record as a starter is just 26-30-1. Rarely does a rising quarterback reach free agency before turning 30, though, so after playing for about $20 million in 2016 and about $24 million in 2017 on consecutive franchise tags with Washington, Cousins reached his opportunity to truly cash in after the Redskins acquired Alex Smith in a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs.

”He bet on himself several times and won Authentic Nazem Kadri Jersey , and those things are really important to me,” coach Mike Zimmer said. ”He’s always played with a chip on his shoulder. We’re just really excited to have him.”

Realizing he was headed for the open market, Cousins began scouring the Twin Cities area while in town for promotional appearances the week of the Super Bowl. Just two days into his visit, the Smith deal went down. Upon phoning home to his wife, Julie, he gave a glowing scouting report of the region.

”This is a lifetime deal. That’s the goal,” Cousins said. ”Yes, it’s a three-year deal, but the expectation from both sides is that we raise our kids here and if everything goes as planned, we’re here for a long time.”

The Vikings began the day $50 million under their salary cap , according to NFL Players Association data, and the deal with Cousins will take up almost half of that with the prospect of expensive extensions looming in the coming year for players such as linebackers Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks and wide receiver Stefon Diggs.

They still have space to make more improvements this month, though and defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson was already at the new facility on Thursday for a visit. Richardson, a first-round pick by the New York Jets in the 2013 draft, was traded to the Seattle Seahawks prior to last season.

The season mercifully comes to end for the Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns, who finish Tuesday night at American Airlines Center with not much on the line.

The Mavericks (24-57) actually have a little more to play for, if needing a loss counts as incentive. A loss means Dallas clinches at least the third-worst record in the league.

Phoenix (20-61) has already clinched the worst record and therefore has the best odds to win the draft lottery.

Both teams will be sending out lineups deep with roster hopefuls for next season. The Mavs Lions Kerryon Johnson Jersey , already without Dirk Nowitzki, Wesley Matthews and J.J. Barea, are listing Dennis Smith Jr. and Dwight Powell as questionable.

Smith, though, is listed as a probable starter and is coming off 20 points and 11 assists in Sunday’s loss at Philadelphia.

“My teammates did a good job of making shots (and) rolling to the rim,” Smith said. “That opened up a lot of opportunities for me to find a man in the corner, or even find a roller. They did a pretty good job of helping me out.”

Smith has had a standout rookie season. Dallas coach Rick Carlisle expects more improvement this offseason.

“In the NBA at the point guard position, you’ve got to improve on everything all the time,” Carlisle said. “This summer will be an effort to refine skills, shooting floaters, reads — all those kinds of things.

“Defensively, he’s come light years. That might be his biggest area of growth, which is a big statement, because he’s grown a lot on the offensive side as well.”

Powell (13 points, 10 rebounds) and Maxi Kleber (11 points, 10 boards) also had double-doubles against the Sixers.

Harrison Barnes is expected to go in the finale after scoring a game-high 25 points in a season-high 43 minutes in his last game. He couldn’t remember the last time he played as many as 43 minutes.

“It’s been a while,” he said. “I felt it Harrison Phillips Jersey Elite , but it was good. The shots didn’t fall early, but this season has come with its own adversity.”

Mavs reserve center Salah Mejri (right knee contusion) may play against the Suns.

Phoenix didn’t suit up Devin Booker, Tyson Chandler, Marquese Chriss, Josh Jackson, Elfrid Payton, T.J. Warren and Alan Williams for its final home game Sunday, a 117-100 loss to Golden State.

“The guys that played, they played the right way, they play hard,” coach Jay Triano said. “We’re trying to figure out who fits where in the organization as we move forward, and I think they’re all continuing to battle and give an honest effort.”

Danuel House Jr., making his second career start, scored a career-high 22 points to go along with eight rebounds. House went undrafted out of Texas A&M in 2016.

“With the opportunity to play, he’s shown that he knows how to play the game,” Triano said. “I think he’s a guy that’s used this opportunity to showcase what he can do.”

Phoenix is going for its first sweep of Dallas since 1997-98. The Suns’ four-game winning streak in the series is their longest since nine straight from 1997 to 1999.
Living FREEDOM! / yard penalties in the
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 03:21:17 AM »
The Arizona Cardinals have signed free agent offensive lineman Justin Pugh to a five-year contract.

The 6-foot-5 Jonathan Cooper Jersey 49ers , 311-pound Pugh 鈥?who has plays guard or tackle 鈥?spent the past five seasons with the New York Giants, where he started 63 games. Pugh was a first-round draft pick 鈥?19th overall 鈥?out of Syracuse in 2013. The deal is worth $45 million with an average $9 million annual salary.

He said at an introductory news conference Saturday that he was drawn by "the culture" of the Cardinals.

"The culture that they have, the culture they had going on, the way they run this facility and program, I had no idea," Pugh said. "So, to come out here and meet them. I was blown away. I'm an East Coast guy, born and raised in the Northeast, went to Syracuse, been playing in New York for five years. I was a little bit nervous coming out West. They put me at ease."

The 27-year-old lineman has started 36 games at right tackle, 26 games at left guard and one game at left tackle. He said he expects to play guard with the Cardinals Kolton Miller Jersey Raiders , probably on the right side.

He is the second offensive lineman the Cardinals have added in free agency. The team signed former Cincinnati tackle Andre Smith to a two-year contract on Friday.

Pugh finished last season on injured reserve with a back injury that did not require surgery. But he said he expects no problems in that area.

"I wasn't concerned with it at all," he said. "I went to Dr. (Robert) Watkins, who is probably regarded as one of the top back specialists in the country, and to hear it from him what I have going on, nothing structurally, no surgery required. It was a muscle thing."

He said he probably tried to come back from the injury too soon and that landed him on injured reserve.

Pugh went to college with Arizona All-Pro outside linebacker Chandler Jones. He said both vowed to be drafted in the first round when they were at Syracuse and both were.

Pugh acknowledged one concern about moving to the desert.

"Snakes," he said. "I was like 'Tell me I'm not going to have rattlesnakes on my front yard, and I'm good. I don't mess with snakes.'"
鈥?Joe Flacco needed only one series to show why there won’t be any competition this summer to determine the Baltimore Ravens starting quarterback.The other two guys, however, also put on quite a show.Flacco threw a touchdown pass on his only series of the game, rookie Lamar Jackson ran for a score and Baltimore rolled to a 33-7 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday night.Baltimore (2-0) led 17-0 after the first period and cruised to the finish against the Rams (0-1) Authentic Isaiah Oliver Jersey , who rested offensive stars Jared Goff and Todd Gurley.After sitting out the Hall of Fame Game last week, Flacco went 5 for 7 for 71 yards during a 10-play drive. The 11-year veteran overcame a second-and-25 with a 30-yard pass to newcomer Michael Crabtree and finished with a 6-yard TD throw to Patrick Ricard.“That’s really all we needed from Joe,” coach John Harbaugh said. “Get Lamar out there with a lot of reps, get Robert (Griffin III) out there.”Jackson entered the next time Baltimore got the ball and coolly directed a 73-yard march in which he completed a 36-yard pass to Chris Moore and broke two tackles running for a 9-yard touchdown.“It was a great run,” Harbaugh said. “I thought he was tackled twice 鈥?and then he wasn’t.”Said Jackson: “They tried to get to me, I made a guy miss. Then I did what I do best and tried to get in the end zone.”Jackson went 7 for 18 for 119 yards, ran for 21 yards and was sacked twice before giving way to Griffin early in the third quarter.Griffin went 5 for 7 for 88 yards, including a 32-yard touchdown strike to Breshad Perriman.Flacco has been named Baltimore’s starter in the regular season. Griffin is seeking a comeback after being inactive in 2017, and Jackson is trying to adjust to the pro game after winning a Heisman Trophy at Louisville and being drafted in the first round last April.Jackson could learn a thing or two by watching Flacco.“He was awesome. He was smooth, had a lot of poise in the pocket,” the rookie said.The Ravens and Rams held joint practices Monday and Tuesday Cheap Mark Walton Jersey , and Los Angeles coach Sean McVay indicated the work against outside opposition would enable him to rest a few of his starters in the preseason opener.So, Sean Mannion opened at quarterback, Malcolm Brown lined up behind him and the offense sputtered for much of the night.Los Angeles gained 5 yards and made one first down in the first quarter. The Rams trailed 23-0 at halftime after totaling 45 yards and three first downs.“We expect to play better and we will,” McVay said. “Sometimes these lessons, these humbling experiences if you will, for everybody is the level of awareness. You can’t wait to get back to work and know that we got a lot work to do. What’s encouraging is we have time to figure it out.”Mannion played the first half, going 3 for 13 for 16 yards and an interception.“It certainly wasn’t my best performance. Just wasn’t really able to get into a rhythm early,” Mannion said.NATIONAL ANTHEMBoth teams stood during the national anthem. While most of the Ravens lined up shoulder to shoulder on the sideline, second-year linebacker Tim Williams stood alone in front of the bench with his back toward the field.INJURIESIt appeared as if both teams got out of the game without any significant injuries.HELMET RULEThe Rams received successive 15-yard penalties in the first quarter for lowering the head to initiate contact, a new rule this season. Marqui Christian received the first flag, and Blake Countess followed. The penalties attributed for nearly half the yardage in a drive that produced a field goal for a 17-0 lead.“The preseason offers a great opportunity for all of us to work through some things and learn Jason Sanders Jersey Elite ,” McVay said. “How that can enable us to better coach it, and how we can better understand, how we can expect them to consistently officiate that knowing that most importantly it’s about taking the head out of the game.”UP NEXT:Rams: After an extended stay on the East Coast, Los Angeles heads home to begin preparation for its next opponent, the Oakland Raiders at home on Aug. 18.Ravens: Their next preseason game isn’t until Aug. 20 at Indianapolis, but that begins a stretch of three games in 11 days..
Living FREEDOM! / ashington after recor
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 03:06:10 AM »
A West Virginia resort owned by Gov. Jim Justice has chosen FanDuel to handle sports betting by its customers in the fantasy sports company's first such wagering arrangement.

The Greenbrier announced Tuesday that New York-based FanDuel will provide retail Armani Watts Color Rush Jersey , online and mobile sports wagering services for the resort in White Sulphur Springs.

West Virginia lawmakers this year approved sports betting at the state's five casinos and on approved mobile apps, shortly before the U.S. Supreme Court overturned a federal law that had banned most sports betting.

The NFL, NBA and others want Congress to set uniform, nationwide rules on sports gambling for all states, saying the integrity of athletics is at stake.

The West Virginia Lottery Commission approved rules governing sports betting last week. The rules spell out what information casinos have to supply to the Lottery and what they need to do to stay within compliance. The goal is to let the betting begin by the start of football season in September.

Conservative estimates are that the law would generate state revenue of about $5 million in its first year.

Justice allowed the sports betting bill to become state law without his signature. Before he became governor, Justice named his daughter, Jill Justice, as president of the resort, which her father bought out of bankruptcy in 2009. His son, Jay Justice Youth Justin Jones Jersey , now handles his coal and agriculture operations.

Jill Justice said in a statement the Greenbrier is "excited to be able to offer this service to those guests who are interested."

FanDuel spokeswoman Emily Bass said in an email it's the company's the first sports betting arrangement with a U.S. resort. FanFuel merged this year with European bookmaker Paddy Power Betfair, which has similar deals with Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey and Tioga Downs in New York.

Earlier this month FanDuel rival DraftKings signed a deal with an Atlantic City, New Jersey, casino to offer sports betting in New Jersey.

"We are equipped to take on the opportunity to get a sports betting license in every market and are taking the appropriate steps to do so," Bass said.

The NFL's Houston Texans are holding their training camp at The Greenbrier starting in late July. Next week the resort will host the PGA Tour's A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, formerly known as The Greenbrier Classic.

The Greenbrier's onsite betting will take place at an underground casino open only to resort guests and event participants, golf and tennis members and Greenbrier Sporting Club members.

"As we work towards building out a top sports betting product for the upcoming NFL season, we look forward to bringing West Virginia residents, sports fans, and visitors to The Greenbrier the best interactive sports experience on the market Texans Elite Jerseys ," FanDuel CEO Matt King said in a statement.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS (13-4)

OPEN CAMP: July 26, Latrobe, Pennsylvania

LAST YEAR: Steelers won second straight AFC North title and third in four years as "Killer Bs" trio of QB Ben Roethlisberger, WR Antonio Brown and RB Le'Veon Bell received plenty of help from rookie WR JuJu Smith-Schuster and defense that gave up big plays but also led NFL with 57 sacks. Still, Steelers had trouble when pushed by quality teams. They let second-half lead get away at home against New England, loss that cost them home-field advantage in playoffs. And they couldn't find way to beat Jacksonville, which won at Heinz Field not once but twice, including divisional playoff upset in which seemingly offensively challenged Jaguars put up 45 points.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: S Morgan Burnett, LB Jon Bostic, rookie S Terrell Edmunds Braden Smith Colts Jersey , rookie WR James Washington, rookie QB Mason Rudolph.

IMPORTANT LOSSES: Offensive coordinator Todd Haley, defensive backs coach Carnell Lake, WR Martavis Bryant, S Mike Mitchell, CB William Gay, S, Robert Golden, LB Arthur Moats.

CAMP NEEDS: Steelers promoted longtime QB coach Randy Fichtner to take over play-calling duties after Haley's successful if occasionally turbulent six-year stint ended in January. Fichtner doesn't expect to give offense massive overhaul, though he will be forced to experiment during camp at running back with Bell unlikely to show while he waits to sign one-year franchise tender. One year after finding potential star in Smith-Schuster Paul O'Neill Jersey , Steelers hope they've done it again with Washington after record-setting career at Oklahoma State. Race to fill injured inside linebacker Ryan Shazier's spot is wide open, with Bostic and Tyler Matakevich getting first crack at lining up next to Vince Williams. Secondary is also being overhauled with Mitchell, Golden and Gay gone.

EXPECTATIONS: Steelers once again expected to be class of AFC North. While Roethlisberger thinks he can play another handful of seasons, Pittsburgh's window could be closing faster than he anticipated. Front office failed to reach long-term agreement with Bell, meaning this will likely be his final season in Pittsburgh. Steelers have proven they can be productive without him, but elite? That's tough sell, putting onus on them to get it done this season. Better play in secondary would help. So would some consistency at outside linebacker, where Bud Dupree remains enigma as he enters fourth season.
Living FREEDOM! / nesday night in the sec
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 02:56:04 AM »
鈥?Oakland Raiders guard Gabe Jackson was fined $30 Authentic Richard Rodgers Jersey ,387 by the NFL on Friday for making contact with an official during the Raiders’ victory over the Denver Broncos last weekend.Jackson was ejected from the game when he made contact with official Laird Hayes in the first quarter during a brawl last Sunday that began when Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib and Raiders wide receiver Michael Crabtree shoved each other. Jackson ran toward the melee and hit into Hayes, who was knocked to the ground.Talib and Crabtree were also ejected and later suspended two games by the league, but both had their suspensions reduced to one game after they appealed.Broncos safety Darian Stewart was fined $24,309 for his hit on Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper, who suffered a concussion and will sit out this Sunday’s game against the New York Giants.Los Angeles Rams safety Blake Countess was docked $24,309 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on New Orleans tight end Coby Fleener, who has a concussion and won’t play against Carolina this weekend.Cleveland wide receiver Bryce Treggs was fined $12,154 for taunting after a play during which teammate Isaiah Crowell lost a yard on a run against Cincinnati.Browns teammate Jabrill Peppers said Thursday that he was fined $24,308 for his illegal hit on Bengals wide receiver Josh Malone. The rookie safety said he will appeal.Miami cornerback Bobby McCain was docked $9 Chargers Derwin James Jersey ,115 after he was ejected in the third quarter of the Dolphins’ loss to New England for throwing a punch at Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola.Fined $18,231 by the league were: Kansas City’s Daniel Sorenson (roughing the passer), Indianapolis’ Antonio Morrison (horse-collar tackle) and Arizona’s Chandler Jones (roughing the passer). James Reimer has been coming up big for the surging Panthers the last six weeks. His latest effort was his second shutout this month and it helped Florida move closer to a playoff spot.

Reimer stopped 32 shots for his fifth straight win as the Panthers beat the reeling New York Islanders 3-0 Monday night.

”I just tried to be big in there and try to read the puck as best as I could and be on it,” Reimer said. ”And then rely on your D-men to clear any garbage, and they did a great job.”

It was the backup goalie’s fourth shutout this season and 21st of his career, improving his record to 7-1-0 since returning from an injury Feb. 12.

”Reims has answered the bell every time,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said. ”This is the part of the season you need guys stepping up and he’s been one of our guys that’s stepped up for us. … His preparation is real good and you can see he was focused right from the drop of the puck tonight, made some big saves.”

Evgenii Dadonov and Keith Yandle each had a goal and an assist, and Nick Bjugstad also scored to help Florida win for the 13th time in 17 games (13-3-1).

The Panthers moved within one point of idle New Jersey for the second wild card in the Eastern Conference. They have eight games remaining Ryan Switzer Color Rush Jersey , one more than the Devils, over the final 13 days of the season.

”I really haven’t been paying much attention to what’s going on with the Devils and those other teams, but obviously we know it’s tight and you can’t afford to lose at this point,” Bjugstad said. ”There’s not much breathing room here at the end of the year. … We’ve got a tough schedule coming up here, a lot of games, but it’s going to be a fun challenge.”

Christopher Gibson finished with 38 saves for the Islanders, who were eliminated from postseason contention for the second straight year with their 14th loss in 16 games (2-10-4).

”It’s tough,” coach Doug Weight said. ”It’s tough for us, and it’s not good enough. It’s tough for the fans Harrison Phillips Jersey Elite , it’s tough for everybody involved. All we can say is we’re going to be better. … I think we have the ingredients and we have the drive and we’re going to work at it.”

Leading 1-0 after one period, Florida pulled away with two goals in the second while outshooting New York 19-11.

After Islanders rookie Mathew Barzal was given a double-minor for high-sticking Vincent Trochek 1:24 into the middle period, Florida took advantage just 23 seconds later. Bjugstad got a pass from Jamie McGinn, skated into the right circle and fired the puck past Gibson for his 18th goal.

Dadonov made it 3-0 at 6:09 as he sent a pass from the left side boards toward the net for a streaking Bjugstad, but the puck deflected off the skate of Islanders defenseman Brandon Davidson and past Gibson. It was Dadonov’s 24th goal of the season, and ninth goal and 21st point in his last 17 games.

The Panthers outshot the Islanders 16-10 in the first period, with both teams getting solid chances.

Gibson denied Derek MacKenzie in front 3 1/2 minutes in, and then stopped MacKenzie Weeger’s shot from the left circle and Maxim Mamim’s follow attempt on the rebound in front a little more than two minutes later.

The Islanders’ Cal Clutterbuck hit a post 2 1/2 minutes in. Reimer also turned away Andrew Ladd’s tip attempt in front 4 1/2 minutes in, Anders Lee’s backhand two minutes later Authentic Customized Colts Jerseys , and two tries in close by John Tavares shortly after that.

Reimer acknowledged that being in the thick of the playoff race has helped elevate his game.

”When it’s going like this you just come to the rink ready to go,” he said. ”You’re excited to play, every game means something, and those are the fun games to play.”

Yandle got the Panthers on the scoreboard with 8:22 left in the opening period as he sent a long wrist shot from between the circles in front of the blue line past Gibson’s glove side for his eighth.

NOTES: Aleksander Barkov had an assist on Yandle’s goal, giving him 15 assists and 21 points in his last 17 games. He is one away from becoming the first Panthers player with 50 assists since Olli Jokinen had 52 in 2006-07. … The Panthers improved to 10-3-1 this month, tying the franchise record for wins and points (21) in March set in 2006. Florida has three more games remaining this month. … Florida is 20-6-1 in its last 27 games. …. The Panthers improved to 26-1-0 when leading after two periods. … Tavares snapped a five-game point streak in which he had two goals and seven assists.

UP NEXT

Panthers: At the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night in the second of a four-game trip.

Islanders: At the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night.

Follow Vin Cherwoo at .
Living FREEDOM! / ew Stafford. Michael Grab
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 02:41:37 AM »

BALTIMORE — The young Miami Marlins are coming off a tough 16-inning loss to the San Francisco Giants on Thursday. However Cheap Isaiah Oliver Jersey , the Marlins did take three of four games in that home series.

But the Baltimore Orioles have been on another skid. They’ve lost seven in a row, and the Boston Red Sox swept a three-game series in Baltimore this week. The Orioles had a day off Thursday but will somehow need to find some offense when they face Miami to begin a weekend series at Camden Yards Friday.

Jose Urena (1-8, 4.59 ERA) starts for Miami. Urena won 14 games last year but dropped his first seven this season despite not pitching too badly.

This will be the right-hander’s first career appearance versus the Orioles.

Kevin Gausman starts for Baltimore. He is 3-5 with a 4.58 ERA this season and has been very effective on several occasions. Home runs have hurt the right-hander this year, though, as Gausman has allowed 14 homers in 76 2/3 innings.

This will also be Gausman’s first appearance against Miami in his career.

The biggest problem for Baltimore right now is that anemic offense. After Wednesday’s 5-1 loss to the Red Sox Mark Grace Jersey , the Orioles ranked last in the American League — and next-to-last in the majors — with a .226 batting average.

Chris Davis is hitting .150 with four homers and just 15 RBIs so far this season for Baltimore, and has been getting more and more time off, especially against left-handed pitchers. Trey Mancini is struggling, along with Jonathan Schoop and others.

To make things worse, even though the Orioles just got back closer Zach Britton — he had been sidelined following Achilles tendon surgery in the offseason — the team has just lost Richard Bleier. The left-hander has been one of the most consistent pitchers coming out of the bullpen but suffered what might be an injury to the latissimus dorsi muscle. And those take a long time to heal. Bleier was scheduled for a Thursday MRI.

“It’s got the characteristics of a lat Authentic Darwin Barney Jersey , so we’ll see,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter said in The Baltimore Sun on Wednesday. “Hope for the best. Obviously, he was in a lot of discomfort, so we’ll see. He never had anything like that before. I didn’t get a chance to talk to him for very long. He was pretty down as you can imagine.”

Miami will be coming to town after that nearly five-hour loss to the Giants on Thursday. The Marlins tied it in the ninth but the Giants got three in the 16th for a 6-3 win.

The Marlins played tough while winning the first three games of that series against San Francisco. Manager Bruce Bochy joked to the media that he was very happy to get his Giants out of Miami.

“For four straight games we’ve been fighting, clawing Sylvester Williams Jersey Lions , getting back into it,” Marlins outfielder JB Shuck told the Miami Herald. “We didn’t give up. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to win that one.”

Also, for the Marlins, pitcher Caleb Smith has left the team because of a funeral and will apparently go on bereavement list.
Cory Schneider is replacing Keith Kinkaid in goal for the New Jersey Devils in Game 3 of their first-round playoff series against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Coach John Hynes decided to make the move with New Jersey trailing 2-0 in the best-of-7 series.

Monday night’s game will mark the return of forward Marcus Johansson to the lineup. He has been sidelined since late January with a concussion.

Johansson skated on the left wing with Pavel Zacha at center and Patrick Maroon on the right side in Monday’s morning skate.

Miles Wood was dropped to the fourth line Authentic Vita Vea Jersey , where he will skate with Brian Boyle and Drew Stafford. Michael Grabner, who was acquired in mid-February from the Rangers, is not in the lineup.

Hynes also elected to go with six defensemen instead of the seven he used in Game 2. Mirco Mueller is a healthy scratch.

More NHL hockey: .
Living FREEDOM! / ) was carted off the
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 02:28:20 AM »
Federal authorities say they have intercepted a shipment of 108 phony replica Super Bowl rings representing many past champion teams Cheap Geron Christian Jersey , including the Philadelphia Eagles.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials say the rings were found in an express consignment parcel that arrived June 18 from Hong Kong marked as alloy rings.

Trade enforcement officers noted "poor craftsmanship" and detained the rings to verify their authenticity with the National Football League, the trademark holder.

Customs officials say the NFL confirmed that the rings were phony. Officials say an authorized replica of a Super Bowl ring can cost $10,000 but counterfeit ones are offered on the internet for $25.

鈥?The Baltimore Ravens got another ball-swiping performance from their opportunistic defense, and this time 鈥?for a change 鈥?the offense also contributed to a significant victory.Joe Flacco threw for 269 yards and two touchdowns, and the Ravens forced three pivotal turnovers Sunday in a 44-20 win over the Detroit Lions.Flacco helped Baltimore take a 20-0 halftime lead and directed three scoring drives in the fourth quarter to keep the Ravens in front.After relying heavily on their defense for much of the season, the Ravens (7-5) finally received an ample boost from the league’s 31st-ranked offense.Flacco went 23 for 36 Authentic Customized Chiefs Jerseys , Alex Collins ran for 75 yards and two scores, and Baltimore stretched its season-high winning streak to three games with its most complete performance of the season.“The offense kept answering. That’s what team victories are all about,” coach John Harbaugh said. “It was a team victory across the board.”Matthew Stafford completed a team-record 20 straight passes in the second half, twice cutting the deficit to a touchdown. But Detroit (6-6) lost a second straight following a three-game winning streak.“Get within one score, and the bottom falls out,” coach Jim Caldwell said.Stafford left late in the fourth quarter with a bruised right hand after being stepped on. He went 24 for 29 for 292 yards.“You know Adidas Patrik Laine Jersey , that’s a really, really good defense we just played,” Stafford said. “We knew it was going to be a tough game and we knew there were going to be times we were going to struggle on offense. We just had to keep trying to plug away.”Despite getting the Lions within 20-13 and 27-20, Stafford never could quite make up the difference.Maybe it’s because Flacco wouldn’t let him.“I really felt good about how we responded to them scoring some points in the second half, and we were able to keep getting into the end zone as well,” Flacco said.“We’ve struggled to get the ball into the end zone at times Youth Baker Mayfield Jersey , so it was really big to get the touchdowns today when we really needed them.”The Ravens came in with three shutouts and an NFL-best 26 takeaways.They upped that total to 29 with three huge plays: A strip-sack of Stafford by Eric Weddle that led to a touchdown in the second quarter; a fourth-quarter interception that set up a game-clinching TD run by Collins with four minutes to go; and a 45-yard interception return for a touchdown by Weddle against Jake Rudock with 2:26 remaining.Baltimore’s third straight victory came at a price. Standout cornerback Jimmy Smith left in the second quarter after hurting his Achilles tendon without being touched.“Looks like Jimmy has a torn Achilles,” Harbaugh said. “That’s tough. It looks like he’ll be out the rest of the year.”Smith has been bothered by a sore Achilles for much of the season. The seven-year veteran has missed several practices, but started all 12 games and is second on the team with three interceptions.He was replaced by rookie Marlon Humphrey, Baltimore’s top draft choice. Humphrey intercepted Stafford in the fourth quarter.RECORD BREAKERStafford’s 20 straight completions broke the record held by …. Matthew Stafford. He threw 13 successive complete passes on Dec. 4, 2016, against New Orleans.PRATER PULLS ITDetroit kicker Matt Prater was wide left on a 43-yard field goal in the second quarter and wide left on a conversion kick after Detroit’s second TD.INJURIESLions: Former Ravens OT Rick Wagner (ankle) was carted off the field in the second quarter and did not return. … DE Ezekiel Ansah left with an ankle injury and returned. … G T.J. Lang was sidelined with a foot injury and returned. …. DE Cornelius Washington left in the third quarter with a shoulder injury.Ravens: Smith has battled injuries throughout his career. Only twice has he played 16 games in a season. … LB C.J. Mosley underwent concussion protocol early in the second quarter and was quickly cleared.UP NEXTLions: At Tampa Bay on Sunday.Ravens: Sunday night showdown against AFC North rival Pittsburgh Steelers Adidas Jonathan Drouin Jersey , who beat Baltimore 26-9 in the first meeting..
Living FREEDOM! / are still waiting for former Al
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 02:16:04 AM »

DALLAS — Two days after the Minnesota Wild defeated the Dallas Stars 5-2 at Xcel Energy Center Cheap Frank Ragnow Jersey , the Wild seek another favorable result in the rematch Saturday night at American Airlines Center.

In that victory, which made the Wild (43-24-10, 96 points) 5-2-3 in their past 10 games, Minnesota got two goals from Zach Parise, a short-handed goal from Mikael Granlund and power-play goals from Matt Dumba and Jason Zucker.

But none were bigger than Granlund’s equalizer, which came after Dallas had taken an early 1-0 lead thanks to a goal by Stars captain Jamie Benn and with Dallas in the early stages of a four-minute power play.

“Absolutely, we’re down 1-0, they can make it two, potentially three at that point and we score the goal while short-handed. It was a big turning point,” Wild coach Bruce Boudreau said postgame. “It gave us a lot of life after that because we were pretty dead the first eight or 10 minutes.”

Minnesota is 17-18-12 on the road and will likely be without defenseman Gustav Olofsson (upper body) after Boudreau termed Olofsson “very questionable” to travel to Dallas for the rematch after Thursday’s victory.

Besides seeing his team respond well to the early deficit on Thursday, Boudreau also sees something else rather encouraging from the Wild as near the start of the Stanley Cup Playoffs-strong team unity, which often manifests itself in players sticking up for one another and propping each other up.

“Well, that’s the only way you can win is if you’re a team through and through. Sticking up for each other is a big sign of it,” Boudreau said.

Dallas (39-31-8, 86 points), on the other hand, has dropped nine of its past 10 games. The Stars Phillip Gaines Color Rush Jersey , who are 25-12-3 at home, are literally hanging on in the race for one of the two wild-card playoff spots in the Western Conference.

The Stars, who have four regular-season games remaining (three road, one home), are currently six points behind Colorado and St. Louis (92 points each) for the final wild-card spot in the West. The Blues also have a game in hand.

But as it has been for much of March, a lack of effort hasn’t been the issue for the Stars. Its recent rash of losses have instead been because of a lack of execution on both ends of the ice.

“We worked hard again,” Dallas coach Ken Hitchcock said after Thursday’s loss. “We battled like crazy, competed, did the things you want to ask for. Every mistake that we made ended up in our net and the chances we had, we didn’t finish on and they did. They seemed to turn our scoring chances into our goals. Again, we competed at a very, very high level and that’s the way we’re going to finish the year.”

Stars defenseman Stephen Johns left Thursday’s game with an upper-body injury and afterward Hitchcock confirmed Johns might have a concussion.

After practice on Friday, Hitchcock said Johns will miss Saturday’s game, so Julius Honka will replace him on the Stars’ blue line. Hitchcock said Johns could miss at least the next four or five days, making his status for Dallas’ three-game road trip to California next week uncertain at best.

Dallas is just 1-7-2 in its last 10 games and Saturday will mark the Stars’ final home game of the season, making it only fitting that the organization will honor franchise icon Mike Modano, who was originally selected first overall in the 1988 draft by the Minnesota North Stars five years before that franchise relocated to Dallas.

But all is not lost Authentic Dustin Brown Jersey , at least not yet, for the Stars, who still maintain the slimmest of hopes of making the postseason. Dallas would not only have to win out, but the Stars would also need a lot of help.

Still, veteran center Jason Spezza isn’t giving up the fight, at least not until the Stars are officially eliminated.

“Five-on-five, we did a good job (on Thursday),” Spezza said. “We controlled the play five-on-five. We gave up too much on the special-teams end. It’s hard to win on the road that way.”
— Antonio Callaway didn’t take long to run into trouble with the Browns.

The fourth-round draft pick and wide receiver from Florida, who arrived in Cleveland with a history of issues while in college, was cited early Sunday morning for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license.

According to a report by police in Strongsville, Ohio, Callaway was pulled over in his car after he failed to yield to on oncoming traffic. Police found a “small amount” of marijuana and cited Callaway, who was stopped on a day off for Cleveland’s players at training camp.

To make matters worse, Callaway didn’t inform the Browns of his legal matter.

“I am surprised at this,” coach Hue Jackson said following Tuesday’s practice. “He has been great. We have had no slipups, no issues. This is a young player, who obviously made a bad decision or bad choice. I have to find out. Believe me http://www.chiefsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-armani-watts-jersey , when we find out more of the facts, I will tell you straight out, exactly what it is when I know.”

The Browns selected Callaway in this year’s draft despite his checkered past. He was suspended last season for involvement in a credit card fraud case, and he provided a diluted urine sample at the NFL combine in February.

That offense caused teams to stay away from him, not the Browns.

In April, general manager John Dorsey said the team had “done extensive background” checks on Callaway. At the time, Dorsey, who joined the Browns in December, felt assured that Jackson and receivers coach Adam Henry would be able to mold him and keep him out of trouble.

“I’m still confident in that,” Jackson said. “I think what John said is absolutely right and I support him 100 percent. We’ve been fortunate over the last couple of years where we haven’t had things crop up.

“I truly believe in our process and how we go about it and how we talk about things. So, again, this is something I’m glad is happening now so we can deal with it and move forward. I think our locker room understands how we handle business. This young man will definitely understand how we handle business, too.”

Jackson said he wants to learn more about Callaway’s situation before commenting on whether the team will discipline the 21-year-old. Jackson said he has spoken to Callaway “quite a bit” about his behavior.

“This is surprising to me,” he said. “He is a young guy. Here is something that had happened and we have to deal with it. To understand it first, before I talk about consequences or anything, is important.”

Callaway was already in Stage 1 of the league’s abuse program because of his diluted sample. He could be subject to a fine because of this infraction.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said, “The matter will be reviewed under the NFL-NFLPA substances of abuse policy.”

Callaway’s off the field problems at Florida were extensive.

In 2017 Albert Almora Jr Jersey , he was cited for marijuana possession as a passenger in a car driven by a known felon. Callaway pleaded no contest to possession of drug paraphernalia and was fined.

A year earlier, he was accused of sexual assault, prompting the university to suspend him while the incident was investigated. Callaway eventually was found not responsible during a student code of conduct hearing, but he acknowledged under oath he was high on marijuana at the time of the alleged assault.

Callaway’s driving infraction came hours before the Browns traded disappointing wide receiver Corey Coleman to Buffalo. That move caused the team to elevate Callaway, who has had an impressive training camp, into the starting lineup before Thursday’s exhibition opener at the New York Giants.

The Browns released a statement saying they were aware of Callaway’s citation and “are in the process of gathering more information and will comment further at the appropriate time.”

And while they’re dealing with Callaway, the Browns are still waiting for former All-Pro Josh Gordon, who is away from the team to deal with health issues. Gordon has been suspended multiple times by the NFL for violations of the league’s substance abuse policy.

Jackson said he still doesn’t know when Gordon will return.

“Josh is still doing what he needs to do,” Jackson said. “And again, he will be back at some point in time.”

Because of Gordon’s situation and the lack of experienced receiving depth, the Browns have also considered signing free agent receiver Dez Bryant, the former Pro Bowler released earlier this year by Dallas.
Living FREEDOM! / get help for quarterback Ji
« Last post by panxing18 on Today at 02:03:37 AM »
Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich believes his starting quarterback will soon be throwing.

Andrew Luck will get the last word on when it happens.

Luck continues to rehabilitate from shoulder surgery that took place more than 16 months ago Adidas Jonathan Quick Jersey , cost him all of last season and almost all of this year's offseason workouts. The Colts will hold a three-day mandatory mini-camp next week, and he's not expected to throw then, either.

But he has been working out at the team complex since April, has attended team and position meetings and been learning Reich's new offense. The hope is he will start throwing sometime between mid-June and late July when the Colts report to training camp.

"I think we're real close. Again, I've never been through what he has been through. I could sit here and say what I think but It has to come from down in here Tre'Davious White Jersey Youth ," Reich said, pointing to his heart. "There's an instinct as a player that you know when you're ready to go and you keep testing it and testing it and you work with the people you're working with and you trust your instinct when you're ready to go."

The optimism sounds all too familiar to skeptical Colts' fans.

They repeatedly heard similar comments from then coach Chuck Pagano and general manager Chris Ballard after Luck had surgery for his partially torn labrum in January 2017. Yet he didn't begin throwing until early October, was shut down after two weeks because of lingering soreness in his right shoulder.

He missed all 16 games and spent the last month of season rehabbing in Europe.

Luck has continued recovering this offseason while Ballard and Reich have continued to suggest this time will be different. One indication the Colts expect Luck to come back came on draft weekend when they had a franchise-record 11 selections in the seven-round draft era and didn't take a quarterback.

Still, Luck will have the final say about the timing of his return.

"He certainly has a big say in it. He has to," said Reich Dorian O'Daniel Jersey Elite , a former NFL quarterback. "Got to trust the player. Really, any player who's injured goes through the same thing. The doctors kind of give the thumbs up and there's a lot to say and you get the tests and you feel all that stuff, but at the end of the day the player's got to feel ready to go. That's been my experience at every position."

Luck hasn't spoken to reporters since early April.

Back then, he said he felt good and hoped he would be full-go for training camp.

So do those around him.

"We feel really good and really confident with where we're at," Reich said.

Recently signed defensive end Chris McCain also missed Thursday's workout and it's unclear when he'll return.

The Indianapolis Star and Los Angeles Times reporter earlier this week that McCain faces two misdemeanor battery charges in California stemming from an alleged incident on Jan. 7 Authentic Michael Saunders Jersey , when he was still a member of the Los Angeles Chargers. He is accused of spitting on and grabbing the neck of Arpi Davtyan, The Star reported.

McCain, who has denied the charges, is scheduled to be arraigned July 13.

It's unclear if the Colts knew about the allegations when they signed McCain. The team issued a statement Tuesday, saying it was still gathering information.

"We sat down with Chris and we just all agreed that this would be the best thing Leighton Vander Esch Jersey Elite ," Reich said Thursday explaining McCain and the Colts mutually agreed he should return home until there is a resolution. "Felt like it was best that we get this thing settled and work through it. I feel comfortable with that."
The San Francisco 49ers have five picks heading into the final day of the NFL draft.

The 49ers will have single picks in the fourth, fifth and sixth rounds Saturday, as well as two in the seventh as they hope to add to the haul they acquired on the first two days.

San Francisco used its first two picks of the draft to get help for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. The Niners took tackle Mike McGlinchey in the first round and speedy receiver Dante Pettis in round two.

The focus shifted to defense in the third round with San Francisco taking linebacker Fred Warner and defensive back Tarvarius Moore.

The Niners could use more help at pass rusher, interior line and possibly tight end.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10