You are Here:
When should you stand up for your beliefs, and when should you stay quiet?

Author (Read 5847 times)

Galen Ross

• View Profile
The title says it all. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this important topic.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

AndrewG

• View Profile
Not sure the context you're asking the question in. I don't get into many debates, so there's rarely a time I need to stand up for any of my beliefs. Can you give an example of a scenario where you might need to defend your beliefs? I mostly stay quiet because about 99.9% of the people I meet dismiss me as a kook at the merest whiff of my beliefs.   
Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Adam Kokesh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Question definitely needs more specifics. At any given time, you are doing both, because you can't be constantly expressing all your beliefs, and yet by existing, you are at least expressing some of them.
Just read the book.

Woodogg

• View Profile
I feel as if I am always standing up for and defending my beliefs. Partly because I am always talking about what matters to me and most of the time it has to do with voluntaryism instead of Kardashians or some shit.
I also find it hard to hold my tongue when others start talking religion or about the glory of Obama, Clinton, or Trump.

zenturtle

• View Profile
The answer to this question is... 'it all depends on the people you are surrounded by'  Sometimes it is best to stay quiet, it is like the Taoist principle of Wu Wei or non action.  Sometimes if those around you already know what your stance is, silence speaks volumes louder than speech.  At others time when those around you are naive to the truth of FREEDOM and LIBERTY then it is absolutely necessary to speak up. 

Canaan Myskowski

• Truth is Treason
    • View Profile
I think he means when under the threat of property seizure, jail time, ect.
In the real world

AnarchoRyan

• View Profile
I feel as if I am always standing up for and defending my beliefs. Partly because I am always talking about what matters to me and most of the time it has to do with voluntaryism instead of Kardashians or some shit.
I also find it hard to hold my tongue when others start talking religion or about the glory of Obama, Clinton, or Trump.

^ This. I find it difficult to talk about "normal" things at length with anyone without it descending into talking about living free. It usually happens the second they complain about something related to voluntaryism, then I just chase down rabbit holes...

viertel

• View Profile
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingultramaficrockultraviolettesting

BSTARK

• View Profile
*sharp inhale slow exhale* Recent dilemma for me. kept quiet (mostly for 48 years) lots of life lost. was fooled into believing that the next elected official would "fix"(throw in garbage) what the last elected officials did, since it was clearly unlawful to me.Started noticing around 76', all the patriotism?, which was way different than what people think it of it today and as it was 200 years before, mind was that of what  the D of I spoke of(long before I read it). which did not "match" or resemble  the world I lived in, being forced to stand in line in some fenced in parking lot, with milkweed growing on the collected dirt the fence trapped, to get shots for "school", I said no many many  times. Finally my father told me that sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do, you just have to do them. I submitted. I was quiet. What I should have done was kicked him in the nads and a little throat jab. To the present: Had enough of the Debt of EDU. Do home education( I can't let myself use the word "school", think fish that get rounded up by the predators and eaten), so much PW and code compliance, some sort of codifying statist over took the system..1930's? 50's for sure, went ramped since you know. I studied its edicts for a couple of days, and found a few loop holes of double speak and other laws that blah blah blah. Made my claim with words and thoughts, was dismissed, made claims of my rights as human and "citizen"( I have to use their words and concepts to communicate with them), and repeated my claims and etc, My reply from days? weeks? months? years,  decades of thought trying to rationalize "how the hell does this stop" was "You must submit." (by 9/30). 10/2 "school" reported my children as being abused and maltreated to CPS. Cps and a sheriff deputy(pretty sure the biggest one we have), knocking on my door, with wrong address and other miss information( so I would correct them and incriminate myself), Had enough stood my ground and they left. Two more sheriff's deputies and two trooper back ups. Since I knew and had worked with one of them before,(and have worked in the homes of many of our counties CSEs), we chatted and I displayed both my children for inspection. Next day called into the CPS, which has a huge state seal on the new building, with a "No gun zone" sticker on the door before the scanning machine and three people with guns. Had a heated chat, my kids cried, I told them to goto hell and left, they asked my wife in(Fraq! I relayed the message ughhhh), and tried to coerce her into signing a "concent" for my children's medical records and tried to imply that I had to have their shots upto date, that I would not sign, nor did she. Of course cps said that I had the kids crying, and this could be over with if I would just Submit!! NFW! to my wife. And she was given the message to me that cps needs to get their legal  team in the next day to see what they can do to me, and" at anytime in the next two weeks we will be dropping in". So I am Standing, and pacing and waiting, great stress on marriage. These creations will not read your words nor "hear" them from your mouth, only forward, always "doing my job".  During the day where I live there is only a couple people in our whole hamlet, no one to even come out to see what is up, all at work or school, very empty world from morning till late afternoon. You can die/live quiet or loud, and anywhere inbetween.  If I had to do it all over again, I would try never stay quiet.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 01:23:23 PM by BSTARK »