Author Topic: Got any advice for living the dream life?  (Read 11792 times)

Taylor D.C.

• View Profile
Got any advice for living the dream life?
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:44:30 PM »
To blatantly put it, the matrix has me. I work at least a 40 hour week at a warehouse job. I spend most of my free time online watching adam's channel, the young turks, or various "Anonymous" videos, or checking in on a couple of good friends i had move to colorado and one other to nevada. Other than that, i clean my house, go to the gym, sleep, and read. Basically, i do nothing relevant with my life(other than raise my daughter) and i accept this as my own responsibility as it is my own life to control.

I dream of a life that's well... pretty much adam's life lol i desire to travel everywhere and talk to people to just try and get them to realize how pointless most of our day to day lives really are. I want to wake people up to all the distractions that are lodged into their brains from a young age and get them to be energized to stand up for a change. I want to help get people to not be so dependant and trustworthy towards this system run by evil people who want nothing more than to desensitize them and keep them focused on everything irrelevant while the evil people run a hellacious circus for blood and money behind the stage. All i want in life is to have an autonomous home with my own food supply to go back to from traveling abroad to help spread the message of freedom. Yet everyday i can't help feeling that no matter how passionate i am about obtaining true freedom for every human on this planet, I am still a sheep myself because I'm too scared to let go of my current life. I don't know how I'll still make the money to initially buy my own plot of land, start my own garden, raise my own livestock and build my own house by traveling across the country trying to help other people. I'm too scared to break away from the mediocre stream of bullshit money i already have because i don't know where it will come from living my dream life. It keeps me up at night, it's always in the back of my mind throughout the day, the ultimate question of, is my daughter going to go without anything that i have to provide if i decide to take this leap towards true happiness? How do i break these chains?

I hate showing such a desperate and helpless side of myself, but i can't hide it and call it something else. A "normal" life is not the life for me. It's just not in me to live with this dissatisfaction anymore so I'm done caring about how desperate or helpless i may seem. I know i have the heart, the desire, the will to help make a change, i suppose i just don't have the knowledge and wisdom so pride is cast aside. I'm not easily offended by any means so any criticism is welcome and any advice is immensely appreciated. If anyone has their own experience to share on how they stopped living in this matrix, i would love that. My listening ears, or rather my eyes, are on overdrive.

Also I feel that i must clarify that I'm aware this isn't a "talk about your problems" forum or perhaps even just the best place to be seeking this advice. I'm not just desperately seeking advice from anywhere i can get. I post this here because i feel that it's relevant to the cause so that any other people wishing to change their lives to benefit the freedom movement can find the help to do so here. I just know of manyany other people who are stuck in the same hole that i am that wish to obtain the same life i want, as far as the freedom to travel and spread a moral message goes. So the advice given here isn't only for my needs/wants, i will also be spreading it to dozens of others who wish to do si ilar things with their lives.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:32:18 PM by Taylor D.C. »

MattATatTat

Re: Got any advice for living the dream life?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:58:09 PM »
Taylor,

I first want to say that you're not alone in feeling this way. I constantly battle with the reality that I live in a world so screwy that it sometimes drives my mind crazy. It's normal and completely understandable.

Your question on how to live "the dream life" could have very different answers to different individuals. I am by no means a "guru" or "spiritually enlightened" person, but I am currently spending a lot of time lately exploring my own life. I am 35 years old, married with a year and a half old daughter. I'm in both couple's therapy and individual therapy to help me sort out some issues that have be plaguing my life and my marriage...one of those issues is managing my anger. It's something i've dealt with throughout my life and until recently I have had trouble managing it. But through consciously being aware of what it does to me and the effect it has on my perception of life...my relationships...and my health, I am able to defeat it's grip on my life. 

For me, focusing on the things that make me happy is one step in the right direction. Getting angry with things you can't change does nothing to help your situation. It just brings frustration. Focus on your daughter (I know that help me tremendously). If you've been watching Adam's videos for a while, you'll notice that his demeanor changed from being pretty angry to being pretty happy...this is when he pursued living his life as he wanted it to be. Now, his happiness may not equal happiness on my end...meaning not everyone has the means to pack up and live off the grid...but that doesn't mean you can't find some happiness and step by step build you're life as you "dream" it could be.

Here are some things that tend to help me...

- Meditate. Be it sitting in a room for an hour in total silence or reading a good book...do something that brings some "zen" into your life. I personally use Flotation Therapy [urlhttp://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2014/04/04/floating-away-the-science-of-sensory-deprivation-therapy/#.VzzisvkrLcs][/url] to help reset myself. Sometimes it just takes some serious alone time to reset the mind and body.

- eliminate the distractions. I personally feel much more focused on LIFE when I don't have distractions like TV or even social media. eliminating the uselessness of TV and meaningless, trivial stuff will allow you to focus on bettering your life.

- Do little things to make a change. Simple things like holding doors open for people or saying hello to someone on the street can help make you be an example for the change in the world you want to see. Hold conversations with people in lines, present information that may advance the cause of real liberty and freedom. Be the change you want to see in the world.

- Form a plan. If you want to move into more of a self-sufficient way of life...start small and work your way up. But be realistic with yourself, if you don't have a job that pays well and can't save a large amount of money, you'll have to scale back your intentions. Do what you can but always aim to achieve more.

Change starts with YOU and only YOU. If it's something you want badly, build a plan and make it happen.

Magnaniman

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 10:07:05 PM »
Well said, Matt.

Taylor, I think this is an excellent place to talk about your desires.  I think that very many of us have similar dreams.  I very sincerely doubt that it will work out the same for any two of us, but, for all the differences, there are similarities, too.  If we are to make government obsolete, we have to look out for each other.

I don't really know you and I can't say I've got everything figured out, but think about what you're good at that you enjoy and start from there.  Good luck!

Wild Hope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 08:19:47 AM »
I just wanna reiterate something MattATatTat said, you're not alone. 

This forum has the potential to be something great because it's bringing together like-minded people in a place where they can encourage and inspire each other to continue promoting a life and culture that we all know is possible.  For the record, I certainly don't feel like I'm living the dream life, but I do know I'm striving to do just that.  I have a lot of respect for someone who's willing to put themselves out there the way you did because, quite frankly, it takes ball to do it.  It's exactly the type of courage and humility this movement needs. 

In order to make these changes in society, we have to be able to connect with one another in a way that goes beyond the superficial boundaries that we have been conditioned to believe keeps us apart.  Whether it be gender, race, ethnicity, political beliefs, religion, nationality, etc. - these are all lies that drive as apart.  Division is our biggest enemy. 

Your honesty and openness breaks down these barriers.   We come together through our shared struggle.  I hope you'll continue to confront your fears and doubt openly to encourage those around you to do the same.  This is the path to freedom.
Conquer Division
          +
Fuel Inspiration

Adam Kokesh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 07:25:45 PM »
Taylor! I would hope this forum is the perfect place for this conversation! (Just not this exact subforum, so I moved this to "Living Freedom.")

I would hope that when someone comes across my YouTube videos, that they don't just keep watching videos, but rather get what they need and get back to living. How many hours do you spend a day watching videos? Does it enrich your life? What is the point of diminishing returns? I would imagine it's when you complete your worldview based on thinking for yourself.

Matt said, "not everyone has the means to pack up and live off the grid." With the rare exceptions of severely disabled people, I strongly disagree. You may not be able to live comfortably right away, you might have to save money for a while to make the leap, but living off the land is, you know, ... what everyone used to do! The rest of Matt's advice is outstanding and doesn't need repeating. I just want to emphasize something very important to me in this: Living free and happy is EASIER than being miserable. If you want this, you have to reframe and understand it this way.
Working a slave job is hard. Being your own boss is easier.
Paying taxes is hard. Not paying as many taxes is easier.
Living dependent on others for your food is hard. Making your own is easier.
Being miserable and frustrated and enslaved is hard. Being happy and free and empowered is easier!

I'm honored to be hosting this conversation.

Just read the book.

MattATatTat

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 04:56:56 PM »
Matt said, "not everyone has the means to pack up and live off the grid." With the rare exceptions of severely disabled people, I strongly disagree. You may not be able to live comfortably right away, you might have to save money for a while to make the leap, but living off the land is, you know, ... what everyone used to do!

What about those of us who are married and our partners are not on board with the idea? Clearly forcing one to live as they don't wish is not in line with a voluntaryist lifestyle. This is why I think it's important to air out the fact that not "everyone" has the means to go full throttle and live off the grid, but can still create small ways to be self-sustainable that allows you to respect your marriage and commitment to your partner who just may not be willing to live "our" dreams.

Slow poke

• I can never go back or under reality...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 12:59:30 PM »
Addressing the last several posts i have to say that for me personally I change a what I can and strive to change what I haven't been able to yet, and accept the fact I can't Do everything. What I mean is my wife is very slowly ingesting the ideas that I am, we're both new to this way of thinking so we're learning together but I'm more actively pursuing information than she is. But I tell her what I learn and see every day. I work a regular job, but I want to go off grid and create my own homestead. I do as much as I can when I can. I'm actively seeking land near the same area as Adam as I believe that it's a great area that's wide open for many people who think alike to create a community and grow it as we can. But I quickly learned it's gonna take time I went head first into trying to buy 40 acres touching Adams property to realizing that it's not an option for me, so now I'm looking at 10 acres in the same vicinity. And I'm ok with that because I envision that eventually alot of like minded folks will be our neighbors. Keep your day job, but do what you can to move in the direction you want to go. Do you have camping supplies? Like a tent? There is a start. learn about survival skills and camping, then buy what you can afford. Then as money allows buy a piece of land in your price range, keep your job as long as you need to, buy what you can to get started on your land a bit at a time. If you apply survival strategy to all of it you will know your priorities"hope, air, shelter, water, food, companionship" in that specific order... I for one am willing to share everything I can my knowledge, my land(when I get it) with anyone who is willing to pitch in and respect what I have to offer. If I moved there tomorrow I'd be living in a tent, which can work, I'm buying water storage containers as fast as I can because that is a major challenge out there. And I'm learning what I can. Start small but do something everyday to move toward your goal

SurfManDan280

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 09:39:15 PM »
Taylor, I would like to echo some of the comments from Matt and SlowPoke.
I too am in a 55+ hour per week job, no time off, small child and marriage commitments. I wish I had learned these ideas sooner, but here I am now. Take a look at what you have, where your skills lie and make a plan to move forward in the best way possible. Be patient with your spouse and family.
As you make positive changes in your own life you will see more changes around you. One day we will be living the dream life!

zenturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 10:04:16 PM »
ĎIn order to make these changes in society, we have to be able to connect with one another in a way that goes beyond the superficial boundaries that we have been conditioned to believe keeps us apart.í ~ Wild Hope

40 Hours, wife and kid, lots of time diddling away on the iPad is my matrix.

We all dream of a bigger better life, itís an appropriate thing to do, it drives you.  Do not let it cause concern or dismay, donít get upset that you havenít reached self imposed mandatory heights of success.  Donít strive to be like anyone else, figure out how it is you can best contribute to the Freedom movement with all of the resources you have.  Keeping in mind also your individual limitations. 

I think it is incredible that Adam provokes such a real outpouring on his forums.  It is truly like minded people here and if we just keep on pushing discussions like this, some day Slow pokeís dream is going to come true.

ĎI'm actively seeking land near the same area as Adam as I believe that it's a great area that's wide open for many people who think alike to create a community and grow it as we can.í ~ Slow poke

Mike26

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »
Taylor, and all: the irony of "living the dream" is that the dream happens when we are asleep. I think all of us are in the process of waking up. We are only living freely in relation to the amount we are awake. So if we spen all of our time dreaming of what life could be, we are fully asleep, and thus still fully plugged into the matrix/ enslaved.

I think, therefore I am. You choose your happiness. You can choose to be happy right now, regardless of your external environment. You can still be enslaved to a job, taxes, rules and regulations, yet be happy. Living out your happiness now, that means bringing forth your love from an inward state to an outward expression in what you say and do will change your outward environment. As your internal happiness reaches critical mass, then you shed internal chains and become free. As your internal freedom/ level of awakeness hit critical mass, your happiness erupts outwardly and begins to change your surroundings. As your surroundings are impacted by your love and happiness, you become more and more free from the physical chains.

Matt- Even those of us who are married are free to move off grid. You can move individually, which may cause disruption to the marriage, but does that equal violence against your spouse? It may be the catalyst to their awakening. Should a person remain trapped/ chained/ unfree in a relationship because the fear of living freely will cause the mate to abandon them?

Lorie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 01:23:11 AM »
Well, this is how my husband and I are living our developing "dream" life. It's not perfect, but we're getting better. We live in Georgia with 3 beautiful children. Currently, my husband is Active Duty Military (Army) set to retire this year after serving 20 years. Can't wait for him to be out! For the past 3 years, my husband and I have been traveling through the rabbit hole of an alternative lifestyle that (in my opinion) isn't all that different than how people used to live in this country. And I feel like we've been playing "catch up" the whole time. Like we should have known this a long time ago. We first began by asking ourselves a simple question: What is the difference between pasteurized and raw milk other than the obvious (pasteurization kills BAD bacteria (and everything else)). It was hard finding raw milk at that time. Then I learned about CAFOs and became vegetarian for awhile. I learned a lot and shared that information with my family. That question sparked a journey into food security. After that it lead us to buy a house (we were in government housing at the time with a small patch of grass that was regularly sprayed and mowed courtesy of the government), and we first started a garden, eventually threw in some hens, bred meat rabbits, meat chickens, and now have two piggies. We found out that we prefer rabbit and turtle over chicken! Who knew?!We have 1 1/2 acres and a lot can be done on just one acre of land. I would LOVE 10 or 15 acres, but 1 1/2 was all we could afford. We watched countless hours of youtube videos before we started doing any of this. Until we finally got the guts to DO IT. It was hard... like learning any new skill. Anyway, we are trying to learn how to grow/raise/hunt/gather our own food. Food security lead us to question laws that protect big business that regularly poison our food system that is very centralized (Big Ag, etc.). And when I read about the people in Denton, Tx that decided to ban fracking in their community and then the federal government put a ban on banning fracking... that's when I REALLY started to worry about my children's future when they become independent adults. What kind of crazy f*cking society are they going to live in? They are living in a pretty bizarre one now, but geesh.... 10-15 years from now?? So, I stumbled upon this website a few days ago and I listened to Freedom!. Before this website, it was Richard Grove ,from Tragedy and Hope, that opened my eyes to government corruption and revealed my indoctrination that I went through in public school (this discovery set me on the path to homeschool my children... what liberation and freedom!). And it was Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, that led me to question routine vaccinations. The discovery of Mike Adams led me to one of Adam's youtube videos. And wow! All the dots seem to be connecting. I can see a big narrative unfolding and it's exciting and scary for me. And I am so excited that I'm not crazy for doing the things my family and I now do. I have no idea where I am going with this... it's late, but anywho... my advice is that you start small, but most of all... just start.

apocaloptimisto

• View Profile
    • A few of my crazy rants
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 02:11:34 AM »
It's getting late so this will be short.

I've been trying to find the ticket to true freedom in the US since 1996.  I've lived in houses, apartments, farms, intentional communities and anywhere there was permanent settlement, there was drama and exploitation.  In 1998, I walked from Oklahoma City to San Diego and lived out of a backpack for six months.  This was my first taste of true freedom.  Then I went stupid, went back to OKC, got a job at Radio Shack to please my mother, and got married to a hypochondriac shortly thereafter.  Once I woke up to the slavery that I had to immerse myself in to pay the co-pays, landlords, car payments, and other bills, I freed myself again and moved into a Toyota pickup, then an ex military 6x6 that ran on waste veggie oil.  I took a brief derailment back into civilized life, again because of a relationship, but could only handle it for a few years before moving back into wheeled homes.  I've tried the backpack thing again at stages where vehicles broke down or I ran out of money for fuel but that's a tough gig and only getting tougher.  These days, I live in a waste oil powered crane truck.  My only expenses are insurance, registration, and minimal vehicle maintenance.  I think the living on wheels thing is the closest thing one can get to true freedom in the US and it can definitely be done as a family.

Check out my introduce yourself post here for more info or check my blog posts at steemit(link in sig)
Here are some other sites that might help.
www.moneylessmanifesto.org
zerocurrency.blogspot.com
ouropenroad.com
wheresmyofficenow.com
3mules.com
"An" - means without  "Archy" - man's systems of rule
Money is one of man's systems of rule.

apocaloptimisto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 09:24:24 PM »
I appreciate the in depth reply but I need to make clear that Mark Boyle wrote the Moneyless Manifesto.

I post info online that other's can take or leave but quit debating long ago.

Two quick points though, just for clarification and to stimulate thought.

If you think trees don't have intrinsic value, please stop breathing.  ;)

Any man made rule system, including money, can be easily cheated by psychopaths and they will rise to the top because they don't care about cheating.  There's no breaking Nature's rules and the rest of Nature uses gift economy.  If all property is owned, how can anyone travel freely?  (rhetorical question) Either they have to stay put and protect their land/property or while travelling, they're constantly having to get permission, reroute, or trespass.  If you can't see that money and property will always cause a condition of false scarcity, tyrannical control, and will stop freedom in its tracks based upon those two points alone, I just don't know what to say other than enjoy the civ life and your definition of freedom while you can.

apocaloptimisto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 01:51:13 AM »
I'd like to live in a world where people only take from Nature that which they really need.  That can't happen if humanity follows the part we're on.  The capitalist system and the monetary system enabling it are a cancer to humans and if the links I shared don't make that extremely clear, I'm afraid that our conversations will be a waste of time.

One last attempt to dig through the brainwashing and bias though:
Returning to a nomadic, minimalist, hunger/gatherer/scavenger culture, enabled by diy, open source, decentralized green tech is the only path I've found to freedom that doesn't trample the freedom of others and I've been researching and experiencing different paths for years.  The minimalist nomadic lifestyle is so sustainable that it allowed us to survive extinction events and keep evolving.  The few cultures that still follow this life and have not been consumed by civilization are happier, healthier, and more resilient than those living in civilization and dependent upon slavery systems like money and markets.   

Gift economy is Nature's perfect resource based economy because it follows the rules of Nature, which can't be cheated by psychopaths and those rules also bring psychopaths out into the light.  When they can't hide behind their money, media, fences, religions, governments, corporations, and slaves, psychopaths can only resort to violence to gain influence and then are easily identified and rehabilitated or eliminated from the genepool.  When they can hide behind civ's slavery systems, they can keep cheating those man made systems, perverting the well intentioned man made systems into psychopath incubators, and keep running the show as they have been since the dawn of agriculture.

Your stuff and property are your chains.  You'll see this someday, the easy way or the hard way.

Best of luck.

apocaloptimisto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 02:32:17 AM »
Without quibbling over the exact definition of "need," I would like to live in that world too.  Are you interested in enticing people to pursue this voluntarily or would you throw a monkey wrench in the works to make it happen?

Need is easy.  Did you use it in the last week/month/year to survive?  If yes, then you need it.  If no, you don't.

I'm an anarchist.  My strategy now is convince well vetted people by leading by example.  However, it's becoming more and more clear that the behavior of civilized masses is leading to the likely destruction of all life on Earth.  To me, this would make any violence against the civilized subhuman swarms self defense.  I haven't resorted to self defense yet but have no problem doing so if cornered.  For now, I am the monkey wrench.  When the day comes that I need a bigger wrench, I have some ideas. 

I agree that our current path (combining economic growth and population growth) has led to and will continue to lead to environmental destruction.  I can see how the current economic and political systems allows that economic growth to happen.  I would add one hypothetical: a much smaller global population that has something vaguely similar to the current economic system: if the global population were 500,000 humans, it wouldn't make much difference if they consumed at today's rate of consumption in the U.S.

My research and real world experience has shown that a population of half a billion humans is the maximum number of humans that our ecosystem could support sustainably if we farmed 100% of the 7.6 billion potentially arable acres of land on Earth using the most sustainable methods and had no drought or disease. Using truly sustainable food production methods, the best I've seen is 2.5 acres per adult per year.  When you figure in drought, disease, and the necessary soil remediation, I think that 100 million is a reasonable number. Nature could easily absorb the damage caused by half a million petrochemical dependent humans.

to be determined... I wasn't sure if you are enticing people to adopt your views or if you would work to destroy the current system actively.

Like I said above, for now, I'm just hoping that the civi's kill themselves off as quickly and cleanly as possible.  If it gets to the point where my personal freedom becomes compromised, I have no problem defending the ecosystems that make our meatbags possible. (I'm already on the list so screw it.  Honesty is always good.)

I definitely see how the extreme consumerism (and I will add to that: population) tramples on the freedom of others (and leads to conflict as people trample on each other to get there piece of the pie).  As for "only path," I don't know yet.  I also don't envision humans, as a species, pursuing such a path voluntarily, so I didn't know to what degree you would "force" this outcome to happen.

"only path I've found"  The last two words are important there.  I'm not claiming to be the messiah, although my lifestyle and the one I promote is very similar to those of the supposed messiah types of the past.

Obviously, a minimalist society would wreak less havoc on the planet, and the gross inefficiencies of such a system might regulate population automatically.

Exactly.  What we see as inefficiency, Nature sees as an autonomous regulatory system.

Our current economic system is fragile as compared to the world you describe.  I don't know about happier... I don't know much about nomadic people today, but rural people in China are flocking to cities to make money.

Every anthropological study I've read that studied happiness has pointed to those with less being happier and more connected in community.  Rural people in China are flocking to cities because they've been brainwashed by a communist state and pushed into corners.  This is an excellent documentary that describes the propaganda machine well.  http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/schooling-the-world-2010/

I have some idea of what the gift economy is, but I don't understand the part about following rules of Nature or how somebody can find/see/discover those rules.  I also try to assess how difficult it would be for people to adopt new ways of thinking and new habits of behavior to transform society.  Maybe you are the optimist and I am the pessimist, but my gut feeling is that it is far far far too demanding to ask people or expect people in a technological world to limit themselves to a gift economy (I don't see how computers would exist due to the difficulty of making the exchanges necessary to run the businesses... and people want their iPhones and computers).  Do you agree that it would be an exceedingly difficult task to ask people to voluntarily switch to this economy?

The links I put in my post above explain this very well.  Asking people to switch will never work because the modern human has been epigenetically devolved to have little faith or courage.  Faith in Nature and the courage to carry on without a safety net are both necessary for gift economy to work.  However, when fiat money crashes and everything people were hoarding to barter with is destroyed by fighting over it, the choices will be accept gift economy or starve.

Would you eliminate the gene pool of people who want to exchange silver or gold or fiat currency for agricultural goods???

If I could flip a switch and they'd all disappear, I'd flip that switch so fast.  I won't breed with anyone that's dependent upon agriculture or money.  When the collapse happens, the people coming to me wanting food for their gold/money are going to get turned away to starve. Post collapse, if I see someone fencing off hunting grounds that I or my tribe uses, whether it's for agriculture, to build a bank, or for any reason really, it will be my pleasure to ventilate their bodies with arrows.

If humans start cutting down apple trees to grow oranges, then that is the way it is.  the same holds if you change "oranges" to "humans."

You're missing something though.  If we allow the slave minded humans to cut down all of the trees, everything dies, and they know no other way than consumption.  There's a line in the sand somewhere and I think civ might have already passed it but like I said above, my ethics don't allow me to counteract or defend until my personal freedom and health is affected.

I still don't perceive differences in economic wealth as being inherently bad, so I don't view free exchange of money/currency/gold as inherently evil... or maybe there is some other things that make you see economic exchange as bad (in addition to what you mentioned above). I do see potential for exploitation when too much power is in the hands of the few, and I don't really have a solution for that... so I guess why that is why some people lean your way or toward communism.

If you believe that there can ever be peace and freedom in a world of gross inequality, I'd recommend studying psychology, anthropology, history, economics, biology, etc.  Robert Sapolsky has done great work in analyzing this kind of thing and a bunch of his Stanford lectures are posted for free on youtube.  People, at lease modern devolved people, want what the other guy has, whether they need it or not, and they get violent when there's an imbalance.  Hunter/gatherers actually design their cultures to prevent the inequality.  For instance, in some tribes, each man makes his arrows a special way, then everyone swaps arrows.  This way, it is less likely that a certain hunter will get cocky because no one really knows who shot which arrow.  There are hundreds of examples like this.

If you want to entice people to adopt those views, then try your sales pitch on me.
Sales pitches are for scammers trying to sell crap.  If' "I'm free, healthy, sustainable, and my lifestyle diesmpowers tyrants." isn't enough to get you looking into alternatives to an unsustainable way of life that's killing everything, there's nothing I can do.

It's rare that I type for this long but it just rained so it's cool, it's not too buggy, and I can't sleep so I figured I could type everything out.  If you have further questions, I'd recommend browsing through the links I posted above.