Author Topic: Social Media Response Team  (Read 13017 times)

Adam Kokesh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Social Media Response Team
« on: June 05, 2016, 09:27:12 AM »
I have heard from several potential volunteers that they would like to do the kind of online social media campaigning that people like Clinton pay millions for. I would love to see this come together in a way that brings our talent together to devise effective strategies and ensures our efforts are synergistic, rather than redundant. Wouldn't it be nice if every statist comment on the internet received a rebuttal? Maybe that's an exaggerated fantasy, but the reality we create will blow people away!
Just read the book.

Stradog

• Proud member of the #Freedom2020 Team
    • View Profile
    • Citizens Action Network
Re: Social Media Response Team
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
And WE are off. Freedom is in the lead.
Frederick H, Stralow - Rick aka Stradog
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Citizens Action Network
We The People-United
Texas Revolution
"There is Power in Numbers"

AParsons

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 05:53:10 PM »
I can start polling the volunteers that I have to find out what social media sites that they use. I don't tend to use Twitter, but I'm sure others do. I constantly am on Facebook (sadly :P), and I can find out what else people use. I hope to grow our volunteer numbers exponentially and quickly!

AParsons

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 05:54:31 PM »
Also, Adam, if you get the names of volunteers, please see if they have Facebook accounts and I will add them to the group for volunteers online. It's a great central meeting place, but also I send reminders to come check the forums and create user accounts. If we are going to be doing social media outreach, it's definitely good to keep incorporating Facebook.

zenturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 07:49:08 PM »
I can keep an eye on Tumblr.

zenturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 08:20:05 PM »
Check out http://libertariantimes.tumblr.com for the Tumblr home to Adam Kokesh updates.  I have built up over 10,000 followers over the past 2 years to the Libertarian Times brand and will be using it to share the message as often as possible. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:45:42 PM by zenturtle »

Libertariantony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
Hey guys I contacted Adam about running a youth for Kokesh Instagram page. I would like to do that if that's okay. I ran a political Instagram account with almost 10,000 followers before I got banned for promoting firearms. If that is something you need I would like to do that.

zenturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 01:47:52 PM »
Libertariantony,  I just started posting here the other day but if I've learned anything so far, it is to just start the project you are proposing.  Get it up and running and reach out if you need any help or guidance.  The orginization right now is minimal but with each individual contributing in their own way it spreads the message far and wide.

Adam Kokesh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »
Wow! This is awesome to see so much enthusiasm for this. Feel free to break off in new threads for specific ideas, campaigns, or whatever.
Just read the book.

Libertariantony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »
zenturtle, okay! I'll start right away!

Stradog

• Proud member of the #Freedom2020 Team
    • View Profile
    • Citizens Action Network
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »
Libertariantony and zenturtle y'all rock. I can't speak for Adam, but I think you are right zenturtle, if you have an idea go with it and if you need help once you have it going don't be afraid to ask. We need to look at the teenagers that will be 18 and eligible to vote in November 2020. We have people like me to work on the older folks 50 somethings and Adam has the 30 somethings.  If you do have an idea that you go with and it doesn't do so good, don't be afraid to try something else. Remember there are no stupid questions or dumb ideas. #Kokesh2020 #Freedom2020 #All41 #Freedom4All #OperationV 
Frederick H, Stralow - Rick aka Stradog
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Citizens Action Network
We The People-United
Texas Revolution
"There is Power in Numbers"

Canaan Myskowski

• Truth is Treason
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 09:52:55 AM »
Libertariantony and zenturtle y'all rock. I can't speak for Adam, but I think you are right zenturtle, if you have an idea go with it and if you need help once you have it going don't be afraid to ask. We need to look at the teenagers that will be 18 and eligible to vote in November 2020. We have people like me to work on the older folks 50 somethings and Adam has the 30 somethings.  If you do have an idea that you go with and it doesn't do so good, don't be afraid to try something else. Remember there are no stupid questions or dumb ideas. #Kokesh2020 #Freedom2020 #All41 #Freedom4All #OperationV

I'm almost 18 and I'm spamming all my friends. 
In the real world

doubleplusgood

• pls respond
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 05:05:04 PM »
This sort of coordinated online strategy is really important nowadays and will only become more relevant as we approach 2020. sure, we can gather a loose group of volunteers to target the various social media outlets, but if the goal is synergy then a top-down approach with a little more structure might be necessary. Especially being that voluntaryism/freedom/NAP is a scary new concept for statists, and the message is going to be straw-manned ad nauseam.

We ought to have a master reference list on the campaign's official stance on the issues and the statist arguments & talking points, and provide guidelines and data helping to respond effectively and accurately. Dedicated teams for each platform... crafting an effective rebuttal in 140 characters on Twitter is different than Tumblr or Reddit.

zenturtle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
doubleplusgood

We should start working on what campaign stances should be highlighted. 

I really like the idea of having teams for each platform and figuring out who is best on which social media site. 

I suggest the first campaign stances should be on:

Marijuana
Crypto-currency
Military Intervention

any other suggestions?

We should start with between 5-10 stances and really hash out the full platform and how to promote each stance.  I do not even think it is important to push anything to do with Kokesh 2020 right away.  It is more about laying the ground work by opening peoples eyes to certain issues, that way once they see Adam on the TV in 2019 they will recognize the things he is speaking about.  They will know what the non-aggression principle is, they will have heard of the Libertarian party, they will be more receptive to the message of Freedom if they slowly but surely learn about it over the next 4 years. 

Whats next, where do we begin?

Libertariantony

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 03:58:26 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, the Instagram page I started is called "youthforkokesh" we have over 300 followers but I would really appreciate shout outs, even on other social media sites. Thanks!