Author Topic: Europe Tour May-June 2017  (Read 3559 times)

Adam Kokesh

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Europe Tour May-June 2017
« on: June 11, 2016, 01:02:49 AM »
I've got it penciled in. Who wants to help plan it? I'm thinking something like 20 events in 60 days. Maybe a few more if they're within easy driving distance.

We should have several more translations done by then. I've delivered written speeches and answered questions in German. With a little practice, I can do the same in Spanish and French. I'd like to do at least that for this tour. Maybe for other language regions, we should limit ourselves to where English is widely spoken. I'm open to suggestions here, but I'm not that fast a language learner!

To hit the biggest metro areas would be something like this list. Can we get someone to help with an event in any of these cities?
London
Paris
Madrid
Barcelona
Ruhr
Berlin
Milan
Athens
Rome
Warsaw
Hamburg
Naples
Cologne
Budapest
Brussels
Lisbon
Munich
Rotterdam
Katowice
Stuttgart
Manchester
Frankfurt/Rhine
Lille
Prague
Valencia
Amsterdam
Vienna
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:06:49 AM by Adam Kokesh »
Just read the book.

v3yrons

• Full of Freedom
    • View Profile
Re: Europe Tour May-June 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:47:31 AM »
Birmingham is in between Manchester and London, about a 2 hour drive (approx) between each city ;)

If you don't visit Birmingham then London is probably the best place for me to catch the train to! Either way, I'm gonna be there! :D

GemRavager

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:04:55 PM »
Hey, I live in Karlsruhe (Germany). I might be able to help organizing something in Stuttgart or maybe even Frankfurt, I wouldn't really know where to start. I know a guy from the german libertarian party who might be of help. I speak german, english and spanish (if thats of any help)!

Caly

• Making statetheism obsolete, one service at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 10:55:07 AM »
Hi Adam

I'm in Almeria, Spain.

Obviously it would be a blast if you came here, but I understand if the place is too small to bother. I could hook you up with a nice space and some audience in an alternative place in a nice part of the city of Almeria, if the facilitator there likes it, if he don't it's explained below why...
In actuality, I would almost recommend NOT coming to Spain, for three obvious reasons.

#1 There is virtually no freedom movement here, that I know of anyway, which is why my freedom-work is on-line and more international in scope. It could be seen a good reason of course, to promote voluntaryism where there is none, but I predict empty seats.

#2 Virtually NO ONE here speaks English. Seriously. My stepbrother went all around the world, and had never had such issues getting around on English as when he came here to visit. -_-

#3 Saying anything critical about government in any public kind of setting normally gets you fines of thousands of Euros. Not that Americans need to bother to pay, but I have no idea what the thugs here can do "legally". But we know you got cohones grandes. ;)

Having said that, you would be most welcome!

I see that you have not included Scandinavia at all, but I know Sweden has a good bunch of ancaps and voluntaryists, especially in Gothemburg and Stockholm, including some good podcasts. (See the group Ankeborg on facebook, you can write in English there, I'm sure they would help set you up with spaces etc.)
Scandinavians speak very good English over the board, so there is not much need for translations. I would basically ditch the peninsula for the Nordics.

Just my 2 cents...
Cheers
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:37:17 AM by Caly »
Making statetheism obsolete, one service at a time